Craig S. Kiessling
2973 Delcourt Drive
Decatur, GA 30033
Professional Summary & Objective
Seeking a Long-Term Remote / Telecommuting SEO Position.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization Professional with over 20 years of experience. in Atlanta, GA and South East Asia, spanning digital media technology developments from Global- & Local-ization, Content Management, Email Marketing, Social Media, Search Engine Optimization, Analysis and more.
Organic “White Hat” SEO is my specialty and my passion. Strategy, Management, Execution, On-Page, Off-Page, Technical, Content Creation, Development as well as many other aspects and activities make up my Digital Passion & Expertise in Search Engine Optimization.
I enjoy developing Baselines; doing complete Site Audits, researching Analytics, Social, Search and more to help understand the current Competitive Landscape. Knowing “where we are” is essential to setting goals of “where we want to be” and planning Roadmaps to get there.
Data and Analytics are crucial, however qualitative research and creativity helps make sense of the numbers; identifying trends, offline factors and most importantly the users’ mind helps not only add a human touch to technology, but makes metrics insightful and actionable.
When it comes to Content Management Systems, I must admit to being a WordPress fan – I’ve Designed, Developed, Managed, Optimized, and Developed Content for various websites.
I enjoy being the stand-alone guy or working in conjunction with others to drive results, gather insights, and develop ongoing best practices. I’ve worked on site and remote, as well as varying shades in-between. I’ve worked with small and large organizations in multiple industries and technologies.
Key Strengths / Major Capabilities
- Consulting, Benchmarking and Implementing various strategies for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Expertise in planning and executing strategic marketing campaigns online (web-based or static beginnings) via web, internet, email, etc., and to measure metrics & analytics to influence positive ROI.
- Ability to manage, delegate, & train teams in various aspects of Internet / Online Marketing, including webmaster, developer, designer, producer, writer, etc. using state-of-the-art techniques, methods & trends.
- Sophisticated understanding and enthusiastic researcher of technologies, such as SEO, SEM (Search Engine Marketing), SMO (Social Media Optimization), Brand Reputation Management, marketing concepts, strategies & methodologies, E-Commerce, ROI, and much more.
- Mastery of written English communication, in a variety of styles, to accomplish different goals. From code to content, design to development, management & training to marketing & analytics, I’ve the resources and experience to be a success.
- Goal, achievement and result oriented; Able to see the “big picture”, as well as having an eye for detail. Flexible & collaborative, but also able to delegate, & be self-managing.
- Innovation & Persistence; if I don’t have the solution, I will find it or learn it.
- Emerging Technologies & Trends
- Web Development
- Web Design
- Brand Reputation Management
- Analytics & Reporting
- Benchmarking, Competitive Research and more
- Google My Business
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Authority Labs
- Raven Tools
- Screaming Frog
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Photoshop
- HTML (Including 5)
ICND (InterCoastal Net Designs)
Ocean Isle Beach, NC (Remote / Telecommute – Atlanta, GA)
March 2016 – Present
A focus on SEO for 10+ clients and over 100 billable hours monthly within ColdFusion and PHP (WordPress) environments, involving SEO, Analytics, SEM, Email Marketing, Content Ideation, Social and more
2007 – Present
Consulted with diverse clients on Online Marketing strategies, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Social Media, Web Design & Development, Strategy, Implementation, Reporting, Sharing Insights & Trends, Training and more.
- SEO Audits, Consultation & Hands-on Implementation
- Monthly Billable Hours for 5 Clients
- Set up New Hosting
- Moved website from SquareSpace to WordPress
- Re-Deveopped and Designed website to keep original functionality and look & feel
- Hiyaa!! Martial Arts Podcast
- Co-Host, Webmaster & Online Marketing Manager
- Custom Design & Development of Website, utilizing WordPress
- Content Development
- Social Media Integration & Marketing
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- Atlanta Mahjong
- Design & Develop informational, yet converting & engaging website
- Implement customized CMS
- Initiate Competitive Research, SEO, SMO, Online Marketing, etc.
- Engage in blogging and other Web 2.0 practices
- PATHS Atlanta
- As a founding member of this non-profit, I built the website, and provide webmaster-ing, SEO, Content Management, Competitive Research & Benchmarking, analytics, Video Production & Marketing, Blogging, as well instruct in martial arts
- Increased overall traffic by 200%
- Central Equine
- Consulted & Implemented SEO strategies & techniques, competitive landscape benchmarking, monthly analytics (Google Analytics & Coremetrics) and competitive progress reports, keyword research, offsite strategies, etc.
- Sagal Radio
- Consulted on Web Development & Online Marketing implementation
- Brocket Pub & Grill
- Consulted on Web Development, Content Management & SEO
- Definition 6
- Initiated in-house SEO process with aligned Analytics (Google Analytics & Coremetrics)
- Twenty-Six Two Marketing Agency
- Consulted, Advised & Implemented strategies for Competitive Research, Benchmarking, SEO, SEM, SMO, Reporting, Development, Blogging, Content Management Systems, Online Marketing efforts and more for various clients
- Sampling of clients include: M9 Solutions, Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia, Rilko Kids, LimeDot, Christian City, ChoicePoint’s IRM (Identity Risk Management), National Disability Lawyers, 755 Club, etc.
Worked with clients in Singapore, such as Joshua Consulting Group, Omniface & Grassland Express Tours, to provide in-depth Competitive Analysis, advice & Implementation of enhancements to web presence, activities and processes, and manage flow of enhancement for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Country e-Operations Manager
Online Marketing, SEO, Webmaster, Development, Management, and much more
2002 – 2007
- Raised Web-Generated revenue across country SMB Portals in South East Asia by 40-60%, within a 12-month period.
- Strategic Planning, Initiation and Managing Execution of web and eMarketing (online, internet & email marketing) campaigns for the SMB & Enterprise sector in Singapore, Indonesia, India & Thailand
- Conceptualized & Initiated execution of program to equally distribute visibility of various Business Unit’s products on portals
- Designed, Developed & Managed execution of eDMs (electronic direct mail marketing), Promotions & Special Events Pages, Micro-sites, Links & Chicklets; all as supporting and achieving various SMB campaign objectives
- Utilized various reporting tools to create reports, analyzed and acted upon Campaign Performance Metrics & Conversions (Omniture)
- Liaised directly with CRM & ERP associates to achieve full CLM (closed-loop marketing), from ensuring accuracy & completeness in customer database and targeting the audience, to loyalty programs, Opt-ins and personalization
- Implemented HP‘s “Operation One Voice” standards and re-branding throughout SMB Portals, Promotion & Events Portals, eDMs and Micro-sites, ensuring usability and structure
- Facilitated New Product Introductions online
- Managed partners & vendors in collaborating on projects
- Re-developed and Maintained SMB portals and updated online Product Catalogues
- Helped facilitate various customer incentive rewards programs within Singapore
- Lead presentations and meetings to highlight achievements and discuss escalations
- Served on various project planning and execution boards for various aims, including Web 2.0 involvement, such as blogging, SMO, etc.
- Trained various agency employees in HP Proprietary software, HP eMarketing standards, Design & Development standards, etc.
- Continuously improved operating processes, keeping in mind budget (and individual & team targets), so as to lower cost and improve ROI.
- Conducted in-depth training for new team members to repeat all duties of a Country Operations Manager for other SEA countries
Atlanta, GA, USA
1998 – 2002
Worked with various clients to:
- Conceptualize, Initiate and Manage Online Web, Internet & email Marketing campaigns
- Lead & Coordinate various aspects of Online Acquisition & Retention Marketing efforts designed to drive site traffic. PPC (pay-per-click), SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing), Affiliate programs, Portals, Comparison Shopping sites, Affinity sites, email marketing acquisition & retention programs; Product data feed driven programs & other media-based business building activities.
- Analyze Metrics of Marketing Campaigns, Web Sites & Portals (SEO, Usability, Keywords & Keyphrases, Structure, Lead Generation, Customer Database, etc.), Create Reports, and Consult on effective Strategic Solutions for better ROI.
- Advise on content for Lead Generation, Retention, Return visits, Lead Conversion, SEO, SEM, etc.
- Develop entertaining yet informative Newsletters and collateral materials
- Create innovative Graphic Design
- Explaining & Offering high bandwidth/low bandwidth options
- Full Life-Cycle local and Web-based Application Development
- Site maintenance and communication establishment
Interactive Communications Specialist
Atlanta, GA, USA
1995 – 1998
- Initiated company website development to improve communications
- Facilitated inter-departmental communications via reports, newsletters, etc.
- Documented and trained teams on various software packages
- Prepared reports based on sales and Customer Service Representatives
- Managed team of over twenty customer service representatives
- The National Eagle Scout Association
- The Online Marketing Research Organization
- The Management Solutions Network
- The International Webmaster Association
- The HTML Writers Group
- The Web Design and Developers Association
- The Internet Society
Professional Development Courses
2004 Certificate in Total Customer Experience
2004 Certificate in Quality Workforce Development (Hewlett-Packard)
2004 Certificate in Data Privacy (Hewlett-Packard)
1999 Certificate in Developing Web Applications, NTI (New Technologies Instruction)
University of Georgia
Business – Marketing
1991 – 1995
Why, Contact Me, of course!