Update: I actually ended up getting an iPad in 2014. 😛
Just as many of the other technology companies have been doing, Apple recognizes and capitalizes on the growing trend of consumers.
Build it and they will buy it.
Build a newer version and they will gobble it up as well.
Regardless of actual functional improvements.
That being said, however, it is the first of its kind, and the iPad definitely has some cool features.
Cool ipad features
Some of the cool features I remember hearing about the iPad:
- UI or User Interface built around a multi-touch screen
- Virtual Keyboard
- Wi-Fi Connection
- Onboard Camera for photos and videos
- The iPad has Internet functions like Emails, Surfing the Web, etc. (viewing this website)
- Ability to Add On other specialized functions by installing Apps
- Touchscreen dimensions: 1,024 by 768 pixel, 7.75×5.82 in
- Sensors adjust to orientation; turn the iPad and get both portrait and landscape modes
- Built-in Microphone and Speakers
- Re-chargeable battery
Why I Will Not be Purchasing an ipad
But I think I will pass on the iPad and here’s why.
- I’m not really a big gadget person
- The iPad has no physical keyboard and that throws me off
- One size does not fit all
- Runs a phone OS (Operating System)
- No HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) output or camera
- No USB (Universal Serial Bus) ports
- No flash memory slot
- The iPad is just too expensive (turns out I was looking at the wrong versions; basic WiFi models have started and stayed between $400 – $500 in future releases through 2021)
- Locked in
- It’s about the Network (WiFi)
- And then there’s the video below
For more details, check out these 10 reasons why I’ll be passing on the iPad article by Jody Gilbert on TechRepublic.