I’ve been looking into it, and Zemanta is indeed useful. Like the WP plug-in Insights, this nifty thing gives you all sorts of media suggestions, based on what you’ve written.
In-Text Links, Photos, Tags and related articles are all within a click’s reach! You can use it via Browser extensions, bookmarklets and Server-side Plug-ins (for WordPress or Joomla, for example).
Zemanta is a tool that looks over your shoulder while you blog and gives you tips and advice, suggests related content and pictures and makes sure your posts get promoted as they deserve to be. We at Zemanta are thinking hard to help make blogging easier for you. We’re engineering better creative tools to help you get the most out of your blogging time.
Zemanta for SEO
Not only that, but you can also sign up for Zemanta as a Content Publisher. And that means more SEO for you. CEO of SEOMoz (now just Moz), Rand Fishkin, says “Zemanta is, quite possibly, the most exciting company in the link building space today. You get direct links that send traffic and provide ranking value for SEO. In an average month using Zemanta, our site received dozens of links and many corresponding boosted rankings.”
Check out these 5 Steps to SEO Success using the Zemanta Recommendation Engine:
- Zemanta indexes your images, articles, and content via full RSS feed
- When relevant, Zemanta recommends your content to 1000’s of Zemanta influencers
- Zemanta influencers can drop your content onto their site with a simple click
- The average Zemanta influencer has 700 Twitter followers and 1000 Facebook friends
- Your content continues to be shared, consumed, and linked to
Sounds good to me. What do you think?