SEO Professional Resume for Craig Kiessling
I’ve over 15 years of experience touching on a variety of digital aspects in Online Marketing, with a fine-tuned focus and passion for organic, quality, holistic white hat SEO.
Strategy, Management, Execution, On-Page, Off-Page, Technical, Content Creation, Development as well as many other aspects and activities make up my Digital Experience & Expertise in Search Engine Optimization.
I enjoy seeing the “whole picture.” Establishing a solid understanding of where we are, before diving into how we get to where we want to go. This means more than complete Site Audits, but rather web presence audits; researching Analytics, Social, Search and more to help understand the current Competitive Landscape.
Data and Analytics are crucial, however qualitative research and creativity helps make sense of the numbers; identifying trends, offline factors and most importantly the users’ mind helps not only add a human touch to technology, but makes metrics insightful and actionable.
When it comes to Content Management Systems, I must admit to being a WordPress fan – I’ve Designed, Developed, Managed, Optimized, and Created Content for numerous websites.
I enjoy being the stand-alone guy or working in conjunction with others to drive results, gather insights, and develop ongoing best practices. I’ve worked with small and large organizations in multiple industries and technologies.
Although I am not a fan of micro-management, I am a fan of clear transparent communication being a two-way avenue.
August 2019 - November 2019
Remote / Telecommute
A short role with a great company, that wasn’t quite ready for a remote relationship.
However, in the time there, I sat in on kick-off, status update and internal meetings, bringing to the table consultative advice from years of experience in areas of research, process, development and more; all in regards to SEO for client sites.
Full-range site (and off-site) audits, optimization implementations, procedural roadmap creation, site fixes, content changes and more.
InterCoastal Net Designs (ICND)
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
March, 2016 – Sep. 2018
Remote / Telecommute
A focus on SEO for 10+ clients and over 100 billable hours monthly within WordPress environments (and a migration or two into WP), involving all aspects of SEO, Analytics and Reporting.
Responsible for implementing SEO programs across 10+ accounts.
Advanced Technical Site Analysis – Including but not limited to: canonicalization, site architecture optimization, inbound/outbound link analysis, error reporting, 301 redirects, meta data optimization, page load speed analysis, on-page optimization including textual content optimization, image optimization, internal linking, and more.
Content Strategy – Conduct keyword research used to inform original, unique, informative, helpful and converting content, while managing and educating content writers on SEO. Often involved proofreading, editing, optimizing, etc.
Company-Wide SEO Education – Develop educational programs for SEO best practices. Created educational documents, presentations, etc. for team leaders to increase efficiency and productivity in terms of Search.
Website Management – (HTML / CSS / PHP / WordPress) – Administration of all WordPress sites – customization, SEO, back-end usability for clients, white-labeling and much more.
Reporting – Created in-depth monthly reports for clients, utilizing a variety of data sources, with customized explanatory text.
2007 - Present
Remote / Telecommute
Consulted with diverse clients on Search Engine Optimization or SEO implementations based on in-depth audits, Social Media, Web Design & Development, Strategy, Oftentimes this involved WordPress site building, re-design and development work from a PHP, HTML, CSS, JS perspective to improve SEO and all of its various holistic factors.
Vivian's Muse Photography Studio
- Full SEO Audits
- Monthly Reporting – Audits, Analytics, Work Performed, etc.
- Website Re-design
- Consulting, Advising and Implementing on all aspects of Search Engine Optimization
GriffinWink Advertising / Warehouse75
- Full SEO Audits
- Monthly Reporting – Analytics, Moz, Audits, etc.
- Consulting, Advising and Implementing on all aspects of Search Engine Optimization for 8 client accounts
- SEO Audits & Hands-on Implementation
- Monthly Billable Hours for 5 Clients
- Website Redesign
- Website Transfer from SquareSpace to WordPress
Hiyaa Martial Arts Podcast
- Co-Host, Webmaster, SEO and more
- Custom Design & Development of Website, utilizing WordPress
- Social Media Integration & Marketing
- Content Development
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- Design & Develop informational, yet converting & engaging website
- Implement customized CMS (WordPress)
- Initiate Competitive Research, SEO, SMO, Online Marketing, etc.
- Engage in blogging and other Web 2.0 practices
- Website Design & Development
- Content Creation & Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Increased overall traffic by 200%
- Consulted & Implemented SEO strategies & techniques, competitive landscape benchmarking, monthly analytics and competitive progress reports, keyword research, offsite strategies, etc.
- Consulted on Online Marketing implementation
- Lead Generation
- Best Practices
Brocket Pub & Grill
- Consulted on Web Development, Content Management & SEO
Brocket Pub & Grill
- Initiated in-house SEO process with aligned Analytics
Twenty-Six Two Marketing Agency
- Consulted, Advised & Implemented strategies for Competitive Research, Benchmarking, SEO, SEM, SMO, Reporting, Development, Blogging, Content Management Systems, Online Marketing efforts and more for various clients:
- M9 Solutions
- Ankle & Foot Centers of Georgia
- Rilko Kids
- Christian City
- ChoicePoint’s IRM (Identity Risk Management)
- National Disability Lawyers
- 755 Club
In Singapore and South East Asia I worked with clients such as Joshua Consulting Group, Omniface & Grassland Express Tours, to provide in-depth Competitive Analysis, advice & Implementation of enhancements to web presence, activities and processes, and manage flow of enhancement for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Country Online Operations Manager
Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific Pte., Ltd.
2002 - 2007
Raised Web-Generated revenue across country SMB Portals in South East Asia by 40-60%, within a 12-month period.
Strategic Planning, Initiation and Managing Execution of web and eMarketing (online, internet & email marketing) campaigns for the SMB & Enterprise sector in Singapore, Indonesia, India & Thailand
Conceptualized & Initiated execution of program to equally distribute visibility of various Business Unit’s products on portals
Designed, Developed & Managed execution of eDMs (electronic direct mail marketing), Promotions & Special Events Pages, Micro-sites, Links & Chicklets; all as supporting and achieving various SMB campaign objectives
Used various reporting tools to create reports, analyzed and acted upon Campaign Performance Metrics & Conversions
Liaised directly with CRM & ERP associates to achieve full CLM (closed-loop marketing), from ensuring accuracy & completeness in customer database and targeting the audience, to loyalty programs, Opt-ins and personalization.
Migrated old portals into new standards of design & development, ensuring usability and structure
Re-developed, Maintained, portals and updated online Product Catalogues as well as Facilitating New Product Introductions
Managed partners & vendors in collaborating on projects
Helped facilitate various customer incentive rewards programs within Singapore
Lead presentations and meetings to highlight achievements and discuss escalations
Trained various agency employees in HP Proprietary software, HP eMarketing standards, Design & Development standards, etc.
Continuously improved operating processes, keeping in mind budget (and individual & team targets), so as to lower cost and improve ROI.
Conducted in-depth training for new team members to repeat all duties of a Country Operations Manager for other South-East Asian countries
2002 - 2007
Remote / Telecommute
Conceptualize, Initiate and Manage online web, Internet & email Marketing campaigns
Lead & Coordinate various aspects of Online Acquisition & Retention Marketing efforts designed to drive site traffic. PPC (pay-per-click), SEO (search engine optimization), SEM (search engine marketing), Affiliate programs, Portals, Comparison Shopping sites, Affinity sites, & other media-based business building activities.
Analyze metrics of marketing campaigns, web sites & portals (SEO, usability, keywords, structure, lead generation, customer database, etc.), create reports, and consult on effective strategic solutions for better ROI
Consulted, advised & implemented proper roadmaps to standards, usability, accessibility, cross-browser compatibility, etc.
Advise on content for lead generation, retention, return visits, lead conversion, SEO, SEM, eCommerce, SMO, etc.
Develop entertaining yet informative newsletters and collateral materials with HTML, PHP, MySQL, CSS and other development technologies
Explaining & Offering high bandwidth/low bandwidth options
Full life-cycle local and web-based application development
Site maintenance and communication establishment
- Six Continents Hotels
- Warranty Corporation of America
- Golden Key
- Physical Training Traditions
- Salvation Army – Florida
- C. Dickens
Web Service Manager
1995 - 1998
Ensured website was up to standards, including accessibility, usability, cross-browser compatibility, etc.
Facilitated inter-departmental communications via reports, newsletters, etc.
Crisis Management in day-to-day escalations
Managed team of over twenty customer service representatives
Prepared reports based on sales and Customer Service Representatives
University of Georgia
Business Administration / Marketing
1991 - 1995
- The National Eagle Scout Association
- The Online Marketing Research Organization
- The Management Solutions Network
- The International Webmaster Association
- The HTML Writers Group
- The Web Design and Developers Association
- The Internet Society
- SEO: Keyword Strategy (LinkedIn)
- Microsoft Advertising Certified Professional (Microsoft)
- Google Ads – Measurement Certification (Google)
- Google Ads Display Certification (Google)
- Google Analytics for Beginners (Google)
- Advanced Google Analytics (Google)
- Google Analytics for Power Users (Google)
- Google Analytics Essential Training (LinkedIn)
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (Google)
- Getting Started With Google Analytics 360 (Google)
- Google Tag Manager Fundamentals (Google)
- Introduction to Data Studio (Google)
- WordPress 4 Essential Training (LinkedIn)
- WordPress 5 Essential Training: Site Administration (LinkedIn)
- WordPress DIY: Freelance/Independent Website (LinkedIn)
- CSS Essential Training (LinkedIn)
- HTML Essential Training (LinkedIn)
- Developing Web Applications (New Technologies Instruction)
- HubSpot Social Media Certification (HubSpot)
- Social Media Marketing for Small Business (LinkedIn)
- Learning Personal Branding (LinkedIn)
- Personal Branding on Social Media (LinkedIn)
- Total Customer Experience (Hewlett-Packard)
- Quality Workforce Development (Hewlett-Packard)
- Data Privacy (Hewlett-Packard)
Quality, Holistic, White Hat SEO
Improve your Visibility.
Increase your Conversions.